Good Morning =)
I thought i'd upload the instructions i made following our cooking masterclass with the lovely Hilda. We were rather pleased with the results and no one got food poisoning - yet!
Anyway, we'd be very impressed if anyone attempts them at home - send us a photo if you do!
Makes around 8
1 Onion – thoroughly diced
Mushroom 50g (if you want) Add 1 clove of garlic if you choose to.
Filo pastry – though spring roll pastry is better
½ tsp curry powder
1. Fry onion in 1 tbsp of oil
2. Crush up paneer into small pieces in the pan
3. Once onion is slightly browned add diced spinach
4. Add ½ tsp curry powder and ¼ tsp salt (as paneer is already quite salty)
5. Fry the mixture in the pan, stirring around until the mix is of malleable texture (not too wet), then take off the heat and cool.
6. Cut filo roll into 2 inch wide strip
7. Using a 2 sheets thick strip add a 1 tsp dollop of mix and then fold as shown below
8. Seal the ends using flour and water glue
9. Fry in a wok full of hot oil, deep enough to cover them. The oil is hot enough when it bubbles around the samosa.
10. Drop each samosa gently into the wok and stir them around until they’re nicely browned
11. Remove from oil and dry on kitchen roll.